Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:58:22 -0500

> From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
>
> > But I will, IMHO you have created a problem with a 'reasonable' houserule.
> > By giving the Thawk a set hight you have effectively increased the
> > usefulness of the thawk. The thawk is somewhat balanced by being 'at
> > risk' from all enemy fire because everything can draw LOS to it. I use
> > thawks and I have often wished that there was some way to hide them in
> > flight.
>
> The Chaos player only ever used them as faster, flying Rhinos. In a
> situation like this, there's no way to stop one anyways. I've never
> seen one shot down before it disgorges troops. I admit, as an Eldar
> player, I'm the only one with a chance, as even if an empty T-hawk
> engages my snap-fire in CC, I can still shoot. Everyone else can be
> stopped using the empty T-hawk trick.

        Maybe by using multiple empty THawks, since everyone else
gets snap-fire weapons in batteries. And charging the Imperator
titan's defense laser isn't going to accomplish much (not that you
see the Impy that often).

> Besides, if you land the T-hawk each turn, it can't be shot at without LOS.

        As soon as it enters the board you have LOS, using the standard
rules.

Scott
shupes_at_...