Re: [Epic]GW Lawsuit

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:36:28 -0500

At 10:51 PM 9/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> Yep. But it gets worse. Here's something from the Aaron Overton,
>> president of Demonblade:
>
>This is just preposterous. On the bright side, it must mean GW feels
>threatened, which must mean that companies like DemonBlade are making
>inroads. For the ridiculously priced 40k and Fantasy lines, this is
>definitely a good thing. I hope DemonBlade can convince the judge of
>the frivolous nature of this lawsuit and get it thrown out before a
>serious trial.

I am sad to say that B=GW might have a case here. I checked out the
Demoblade webpage and they had CybOrgs( orcs in mega-armor), shock
troops(IG with las cannons[looks too close even for my liking.]), and shock
babes(female marines).
The weapons and armor are almost identical. Sheesh these guys did not even
try to make it a little different. I think GW will win this one on the
figs I just saw. Oh well and they were priced pretty good to. Get them now
I guess.

                                                        That Chuk Guy