Re: [Epic] B5 Mini Game

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:15:55 -0400 (EDT)

Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...> writes:
> Ok, sorry guys for this waaay off topic post, but I was
> wondering if anyone had tried out the new B5 space combat
> game. Is it worth the $45? I'm kinda wary of any new
> games involving minis, E40K and WH40K are quite enough,
> and I don't have alot of time to paint.

        IMHO, yes. Try to get it at 30% discount if you can.
Armchair Commander had it, IIRC. Then the question becomes whether
it's worth ~$35.

Good points:
It's in the B5 universe (I'm a sucker for paraphenilia on stuff I like)

It comes with 12 fighters. That's about $24 of minis, IIRC.

I like the way the rules work, but I've only had exposure (and only a
little) to Full Thrust.

Bad points:
1st printing, so a few typos. Maybe a corrected version will be out soon.

Not all the minis are available.

It's pre-B5, the TV show. No Vorlons. No White Stars. Umm... Each
of the other 4 races gets 2 or 3 ship types, plus a fighter or two.
Pirates get a bunch of shoddy ships. None of the other races that
show up in the series are here. But expansions are coming out soon!
:)

Mark

PS- I haven't actually played the game with anyone yet, just sort of
did a couple quick demos for my own benefit.