Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 14:35:21 -0600

At 14:32 02/04/1997 -0500, you wrote:

>I just figured that I would take this opportunity to whine. I once
>faced off against an Eldar player who fielded a Phanton Titan squadron
>each decked out with 2 pulsars and 2 lasconnon wings. Moreover, he
>would put them on advance orders and just have them move a cm or two
>to the side to get the 3+ roll from his holofields. AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!
> Er, first, am I alone in thinking that this is a cheesy combo and,
>second, how would you advise taking these scum down. I currently
>field Marines and Knights/TL.

Yes, it is cheesy. As far as a counter, 4 words: Imperial guard artillery
company. Those bombards do such nasty things to titans, not to mention 4
basilisk templates. If you don't want to add IG, I would say thawks with
assault troops, since he's on advance, he can't FF. Since you take Space
Wolves, why not put bloodclaws with a chaplain? Ravenwing speeders can help
dog-pile since they only have to touch the base. Is there something
stopping your knights (with their shields and special charge attacks) from
charging en masse? It shouldn't take but 3 per titan to take it down, 2 if
they have help.

Temp