Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 17:27:29 -0500

> From: Simon Dodds <c9415355_at_...>
>
> >> If skimmers are finally allowed into woods, I also second the
> >> suggestion that they can't popup when in the woods. Of course, Jetbikes
> >> and Land Speeders are the only units this really applies to, as most of
> >> the other skimmers are infantry or vehicle sized, IIRC.
> >
> > Land speeders are vehicle-sized. Although allowing skimmers
> >to land in difficult terrain will open rubble up to vypers and land
> >speeders.
>
> But remember that they don't actually *land*, but hover, so rubble should be
> no problem to skimmers of any kind IMHO.

        I'm not disputing what *should* be at all. Rubble is difficult
terrain for vehicles. Currently, skimmers may not end their moves in
difficult terrain. Thus, speeders and vypers may not end their move
in rubble (and jetbikes can't go in woods). The rules *should* say
that skimmers can land in difficult terrain, as long as they pay the
movement penalties for doing so, IMHO.

Scott
shupes_at_...