Re: [Epic] Replicate Miniatures

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 23:39:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, cowen wrote:

> what if you make a mould of...say...a plastic gretchin from the boxed 40k
> game. and cast it in lead?

sure you could, but why? Of all the 40k minis, those are on the
bottom of the list, along with the rest of the minis that come with
the boxed set. If you want more of those guys, you should be able
to trade/buy 'em for 5-25 cents each.

If you want extra weight, make a mold of the base. Much easier.

If you are going to pirate minis, do the cool looking ones ;-)

**insert trademark violation stuff here**

remember, don't melt lead without a fume hood to vent the vapors outside.
Lead is real easy to work with, but is bad for you :-(

RTV will not last long with molten lead. There are metal subsitutes that
have much lower temps, or use the hi-temp hard rubber molds

**
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of
Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

mike
**