Re: [Epic] Replicate Miniatures

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:13:37 -0400

Sauron1 writes; It is theoretically possible to re-create a plastic figure
in lead. You would have to use eather high temperature silicone, or be
skilled enough with a rubber vulcanizer to control the initial heat up so
the vulcanizing rubber creates the mold detail before the figure melts. I
hear they happen at about the same time. ( But then again I have seen metal
airfix infantry years ago ) Actually with "green stuff" epoxy two part
resin metal filler that the designer uses most fairly skilled people could
design their own, or radically change an existing figure. WD has run
articles on conversions showing the green stuff and how to use it. Many
company designs I hear are only variations on existing ones. It is against
the law to copy other peoples property for personal priffit,or to represent
it as your work. ( I did see once a GW 25 mmspace marine with the posable
arm cast in metal) But that was when they first came out and it may have
been GW work.
                                                                        sauron1