Re: [Epic] 1000 pt Epic 40k Marine Army for critique

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:09:42 -0500

Matthew Weyna wrote:

> Well, orks come at you in masse, just ask Mr. Looney. Their
> detachments
> are incredibly huge for the points. After a total smack in the face
> with
> 2000pts using small detachments I realized something. You can have as
> many good, high quality troops that you want, but against somebody
> that
> outnumbers you usually 3 to 1, you must either be a genius tactician
> or
> have screening troops. Even though attack bikes are not the cheapest
> screeners out there, with 2 FP, they really help when its time to hit
> back. Well, thats about all I can really spew forth at this time,
> trying
> to get at least 3000 pts painted really makes your brain into pudding.

He detachments are a bit small, and this is coming from Mr. "Detachments
are platoons" Looney. BTW most of my detachments are around 500
points, so don't go thinking that you were that badly out numbered on a
point per point basis there Matt.

> BTW, off topic, does any one else use spray paint for base coats? I
> dont mind so much the black, red, and silver highlights, its just all
> the yellow....I see it in my deams for petes sake. Any suggestions?

I do, but then again, I have been doing a lot of Goff's this time
around. I just got the "Titan Legion" box from "The Game Shop" (Ben cut
me a deal on it, at last), so I have a total of 4 Mega Gargants now.
One Evil Sun, 1 Goff (finished). The Bad Moons and the Death Skulls are
on tap.

> And hey, good luck guy, do us Marine players proud!

Why don't you post the 2,500 points you beat up on me with last game?

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus