[Epic] Converting miniatures

From: Patrik Carlsson <f94pc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 00:05:57 +0100

After a lot of hesitation I finally got into buying Epic 40000.
In the process I started painting up some miniatures and I
updated my webpage. Check out some pictures on my devastators.

Then I converted one Imperial Guard bike by putting on a Space
Marine as driver to fill out that odd missing bike in the package.
But how about the rest of my bike company, have anyone of you found
any use for Imperial Guard bikers as they are or do you just imagine
that they are marines and use them like that.
And how about Imperial Guard jump packs, what do you say about them.

For you only before I have any pictures I made a conversion to get some
use of the IG with jump packs. I took an also useless robot which
I stripped of bolter and autocannon to make heavy weapons and cut of
the head and some of the top. Then I glued on a jumppack straight on
the top and the clumsy jumppack fit just like a part of the robot body.
I had to figure out some replacement for the missing bolter and voila!
A cross between a robot and a eldar war walker. Think of the working
robot used in Alien (III?) with the hand bolters as controls. Just
trick the poor Guard that you he has a force field and you can put
him in the middle of the battle with the stat's of a sentinel.

Well what do you think.
Send any comments or some opinions on my web page directly to me
since I don't have the time to join the mailinglist again.

        Patrik Carlsson
                f94pc_at_...
                        http://www.efd.lth.se/~f94pc/epic/