[Epic] Older Epic miniatores -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 16:36:20 +0000

Hello, I recently started playing Epic40k, and have lurked on this list for a
couple of weeks.
Today I found a list of older epic miniatures still available from a shop
nearby.
Since I haven't played the older epic incarnations I have no idea about
which of these might be worth picking up at a decent price... I was hoping
that you could give me a few hints about which of these that look good
and/or have a corresponding unit in Epic40k.
I play SM/Imperial, so my primary interest is in the Stormblades, if anyone
could tell me if they look good, and if they would be considered Banblades
or Shadowswords I would be really happy.
Also, what on earth are the Epic Transfers for??? I really do hope they
aren't for my infantry... :)

Martin

The following is what the last pricelist from the shop said they still had
available:

Epic Boxed Sets
Stormblade Company - 3 shadowsword warengines
Squat Cyclop - for squat list on Allens Q & A page
Knight Paladins
Bonebreakas - Ork Battlewagons - same as in E40K box

Epic Chaos Blisters
Silver Tower - Silver Tower
Greater Daemon of Tzeentch - Lord of Change
Tower of Skulls - Daemon Engine of Khorne (DeoK)
Cauldron of Blood - as above
Greater Daemon of Khorne - Bloodthirster
Bloodreaper - D E o K
Brass Scorpion - as above
Greater Daemon of Slaanesh - Keeper of Secrets
Fulgrim Primarch of Slaanesh - Daemon Prince
Daemon of Slaanesh - could be Pink Horror or Flamer

Epic Eldar Blisters
Wave Serpent - Wave serpent
Warp Hunter - Cobra (the one with a distortion cannon)
Doomweaver - Nightspinner

Epic Imperial Blisters
Knight Lancer - Rules in Citadel Journal for all Imperial
Knight Castellan Knights, should be on a website
Command Knight Paladin somewhere
Command Knight Errant
Imperial Knight Errant
Knight Baron
Stormblade -Shadowsword Warengine
Gorgon - ditched
Imperial Mole -could be used by Squats
Epic Space Marine Transfers
Epic Imperial Transfers
Rhino

Epic Space Ork Blisters
Scorcher - buggy
Wartrak - buggy
Gobsmasha - battlewagon
Braincrusha -battlewagon
Bowelburna - battlewagon
Squiggoth - Squiggoth
Squig Catapult - could be battlewagon or big gun
Lungbursta - battlewagon
Gutrippa - battlewagon
Bonecruncha - battlewagon
Gobsmasha - still a battlewagon
Battlewagon - mmm, probably a battlewagon

Epic Squat Blisters - see Allens list (from the Citadel Journal
Colossus at his Q and A page
Squat Gyrocopter
Squat Thunderfire Cannon

Epic Tyranid Blisters