RE: [Epic] Imperator Titan

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 23:49:41 -0700 (PDT)

---"Miller, Chris" wrote:

> >No, not officially. But we (my gaming crowd) have enough
Impirators to do
> >it, so we decided "why not?"
> >
> >No one has actually taken the Impirator battle group yet, although
once we
> >fielded two Impiraotors in a 6000pt game and were anihilated in
turn two...

> >Agro

Heh... reminds me of a 20,000 point game I played against some Orks;
We took 2 Imperators, 4 Warlords, and a Reaver against 4 Mega
Gargants, a Great Gargant and a Mekboy Gargant... The Imperium won in
the first turn.... I will never play a game that big again, it was
just rediculous. NEway, although I don't fully oppose the Imperator
battle group concept, the fluff implies that Imperators only really
operate on their own. I can only see Imperator battle groups being
mustered in extreme circumstances, such as the Battle for Earth
(perhaps even Armageddon). And if this were done, I would not allow a
totally free 3rd titan. Say, perhaps 5000 points for 3 or something
like that.

Christian

===
"90cm is short ranged?!? ...you must be an IG player."

                        Scott Shupe, 25/7/97

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109