Re: [Epic] Any Interest

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 10:58:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, cowen wrote:

> > On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, William Rood wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> > > However,
> > > there is nothing to prevent a person from running through his or her
> turn multiple
> > > times until a favored result occurs. So yes, there would be a lot of
> trust.
> > [snip]
> >
> > This can be prevented.
>
> how???
>
> benn_at_...

I'm assuming that this will be run over a web interface, and that the dice
rolls will be generated by a JavaScript applet (or something similar).
Hmmm, now that I think about it, you can prevent someone from backing up
one step, but as you say they could run through the entire turn untill
they were happy. I'm sure this can be prevented also, I'm just not sure
how. At present. I'll find out. At the worst, some kludge like writing
the turn results to a file, or incrementing a counter would work. It
would just be kinda ugly.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune