Re: [Epic] Imperator Titan

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 20:31:42 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 5-Oct-97 RE: [Epic] Imperator Titan by Brett
Hollindale_at_powerup
> Our oponents fielded Squats and IG, with almost all of the damage coming
> from three Overlord Airship Companies and a Reaver Battlegroup.

<wheeze....>

*Three* Overlord companies?!? In just 3000 points? Oy, man, did you
agree to pick cheezy forces or something? I don't think I've ever
fielded the company in less than 4000 points, much less ever fielded
*more* than one....

> The Reavers were armed with volcano cannons and stayed out of range of the
> Impirators secondaries. The Plasma Anihilators were busy popping gasbags so
> I don't recall the Reavers taking much fire at all. The Overlords stripped
> the void shields on one Impirator in turn 1,

I can believe it... that's what, 54 dice at 75 cm, 5+ to hit? Even *I*
could probably strip off 12 void shields with that. (I'm famous for my
poor dice rolls whenever I have a concentration of firepower.)

>and a Reaver finished him off,
> and the remaining Overlords stripped the shields from the last Impirator in
> turn 2 and the same Reaver popped the Impirator again in turn 2.
>
> We DO use titan experience, so that Reaver built up 46XP for that little
> effort (and an extra 5 for holding an objective. (We call him "Mr 50"
> although he is officially the HMT Fortuitous {His Majesty's Titan...})

<grin> That *is* a rather large experience boost, there....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...