Re: [Epic] Epic 30,000 Space Marine Army List Part I (LONG)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 16:02:07 -0500

Stephen Sheldon wrote: >

> > > EVERYONE gets land raiders? I thought I read somewhere that the old
> > > Land Raiders didn't have the ability to transport troops?
> > >

> > for E30k, you might want to put in spartans
>
> Spartans were designed for a specific purpose, they are not a standard
> transport unit. LR's can carry 2sm or one termie.

In no version of Epic has the Land Raider carry only 5 termies. Period.
That is a WH40K only rule. Sorry.Now given that I am the worlds worst about
writing new rules when I don't like the "official" rules, this may be a bit
odd, but given that they NEVER say that termies take twice as much room in
ANY version of the Space Marine Rules, I just feel that "carries 10 men/2
stand" rules work just fine.

> > all the auto-drive/auto-shoot/powerfields stuff
>
> The autodrive rules were excellent.
>
> > also, in the E30k timeframe, dreadnoughts had cool names like
> > chuck,eddy, and fury, and had living pilots inside
>
> The dreadnoughts still have living pilots. the pilots are mortally
> wounded marines who are hooked up to life support and stasis systems.
> It is often considered a fate worse than death to be trapped inside a
> dreadnought and not be allowed to die an honourable death. That is why
> Chaos dreads are frenzied.

In WH40K (RT) era you could take the damn thing off when you were off duty.
I don't have the rules with me, but I seem to recall the article about the
suits they talk about "Wearing" the suit, not piloting the thing. Let me
go dig about and find out chapter and verse for you...