Re: [Epic] Imperator Titan

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:17:51 +0100

On 4 Oct 97 at 20:31, Mithramuse+_at_... wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 5-Oct-97 RE: [Epic] Imperator Titan by Brett
> Hollindale_at_powerup
> > Our oponents fielded Squats and IG, with almost all of the damage coming
> > from three Overlord Airship Companies and a Reaver Battlegroup.

> <wheeze....>
>
> *Three* Overlord companies?!? In just 3000 points? Oy, man, did you
> agree to pick cheezy forces or something? I don't think I've ever
> fielded the company in less than 4000 points, much less ever fielded
> *more* than one....
>
> > The Reavers were armed with volcano cannons and stayed out of range of the
> > Impirators secondaries. The Plasma Anihilators were busy popping gasbags so
> > I don't recall the Reavers taking much fire at all. The Overlords stripped
> > the void shields on one Impirator in turn 1,
>
> I can believe it... that's what, 54 dice at 75 cm, 5+ to hit? Even *I*
> could probably strip off 12 void shields with that. (I'm famous for my
> poor dice rolls whenever I have a concentration of firepower.)
>
> >and a Reaver finished him off,
> > and the remaining Overlords stripped the shields from the last Impirator in
> > turn 2 and the same Reaver popped the Impirator again in turn 2.
> >
> > We DO use titan experience, so that Reaver built up 46XP for that little
> > effort (and an extra 5 for holding an objective. (We call him "Mr 50"
> > although he is officially the HMT Fortuitous {His Majesty's Titan...})
>
> <grin> That *is* a rather large experience boost, there....
>
> Aaron Teske
> Mithramuse+_at_...

When Magna Kannons came out my regular Squat oponent never used them
at high level again and kept hiding them and not ending up with much
he could hit! Which was extra cool at 50 points each and he still
used Thunderhawks which I occasionally was lucky enough to hit.

When we used Titan experience I ended up worse of as my Gargants
allways seemed to get taken out before my oponents titans
(4 Mega's 3 Greats 4 Slashers vs 2 Imperators 7 Warlords 6 Plus
Warhounds)

*** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum