[Epic] Holydays-Way Off Topic

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 14:09:40 -0700

At 09:44 AM 10/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> 2 weeks? Ah oui? But where do you work, are you a slave? ;)
>
>Heh - just about everywhere in the US unless you've been at a place for
>5 years or more you have around 2-3 weeks of vacation. Americans seem
>to spend a lot more time at work than a lot of other (saner) countries.
>
>Regards,
>
>- Erik

        There is a fine line about vacation time. I agree with the premise that
Norte Americanos work too much (statistics: work hours up/leisure hours
down on average year by year since 1974). But, the West Germans (back in
the Evil days of such divisions) gave EVERYBODY one month paid vacation by
law, and it reduced their competitiveness in international markets.

Nickles