[Epic] Net Epic - levels of movement

From: Simon Dodds <c9415355_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 09:10:58 +1100 (EST)

The thought of levels came to me after the problems of shooting a barrage at
an area containing infantry and skimmers - do you hit both? The same for
infantry and flyers. I just remembered it when the idea of a THawk at medium
level and the problems of what flyers and skimmers are able to see.

To this end I identified the following levels

Underground - tunnellers
Ground - infantry, most vehicles
Skim - skimmers (duh...)
Low - flyers on low level
Medium - THawks, skimmers on pop-up
High - flyers on high level

Titans would be ground targets but they would probably stretch up into Low
level.

Maybe working within these levels will help classify who can move/see
whatever, instead of looking at the type of vehicle (infantry, knight, etc).
Also it may help shooting, when we come to it.

I also feel that the rules for the THawk should be brought more in line with
the other flyers. The only real reason IMO that it has such different rules
was that it was the only flyer around. The differences in rules is what
causes most of the troubles with the THawk (except for its points cost, but
i wont go into that).

Just my $0.02

doddsy

Simon Dodds
c9415355_at_...
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/1353/

"I don't need to see the world through rose-coloured glasses, for my
        eyes are naturally bloodshot."