RE: SV: [Epic] Holidays

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 08:15:22 -0700

At 11:53 PM 10/7/97 PDT, you wrote:

>>>2 weeks? Ah oui? But where do you work, are you a slave? ;)
>>>
>>>Francois Bruntz
>>>Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)
>> Actually, the bulk of US workers get _NO_ paid vacations...
>>

>>Nickles
>>

>What?! You're not paid during your 2 weeks of vacation!!!!!!
>I thought that slavery had been abolished in North America?!
>
>So where are your Labor Unions? Where are your strikes? How do you
>manage to play Epic? ;)
>
>Francois Bruntz
>Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

        Actually, I was referring to minimum wage workers (or in that pay scale
ballpark), who form the majority of US workers. There is _no_ union for
them, aside from their own power to vote, and labors laws are watered down
every two years or so in the belief that what's good for business is good
for the economy.

        Complacency: the great American past-time.

        (Sorry to all you Canadian and/or Mexican subscribers for gratuitous, even
slanderous, use of the term "Americans")

Nickles