Re: [Epic] Dark Angels

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:22:37 -0500

Thomas Lee Denney wrote:

> >>Master of Deathwing + Land Raider
> >>10 Terminator Squads + 5 Land Raiders
> >>5 Tactical Squads + 5 Land Raiders.
> >
> >Techinically you should have 10 LR's for the TacDredArmChaps (no,
> >doesn't sound better than Terminator, does it?).
>
> Why? I'm putting two stands of termies in my land raiders. I'm not trying
> to be a smart-ass, but was there something I missed in the rules that
> stated this or something?

This is the "How Many Dark Angels Can Dance on the Head of a Pin"
thread.

The WH40K _rules_ for Land Raiders says that it will only carry 5
terminators. All versions of Epic say that a Land Raiders will carry 2
stands of infantry. The fluff, at least as far as I can find always
says "10 fully armed men", but never goes into what kind of armor it is
talking about.

There is a medium to large group of people that seem to think that WH40K
_rules_ should have some sort of relevance in Epic. This same group of
people seem to think that screening troops should be allowed in Epic (in
that you can only target the closes detachment to your self, not any
detachment within range), and that AT shots should not be allowed to
target any thing within range. They also are, most likely the ones that
have trouble with the E40K rules on barrages (i.e. they think that a
barrage should only effect those under the barrage marker, not the
detachment as a whole.).

The number of Terminators in a Land Raider in Epic is 10. When this was
asked as a Q&A the answer was 10, but you could make a house rule to
make it 5 if you wanted.

For what it is worth, if you make a Land Raider carry 5 Terminators,
because that is what WH40K allows, you must also allow a Land Raider to
carry 1 Dreadnought, which is, on the face of it, logical, however is
illegal in E40K.

And, of course if you reduce the number of Terminators in a Land Raider
you should also reduce the number of Terminators in a Thunder Hawk as
well.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus