Re: [Epic] Dark Angels

From: Woofer <ss52dlh_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:44:31 +1000

> That one is easy. 2. Transport (2) means that it carries 2 STANDS of
> infantry. Lictors come 1 per stand. The problems is that termies come 5
> per stand.

That wasn't what I was getting at. People seem to be a little riled
by the fact that a LR can carry two (2) stands of Terminators, or any
infantry for that matter. Terminators being somewhat bigger than
regular Marines, it would appear that some people feel that an LR
should only be able to carry one (1) stand of Terminators.

If this is the case, how can a spindly-legged attack creature, that
is designed to grab and rend a victim via it's razor-clawed limbs,
standing some 12-15 feet tall, possibly fit easily onto what is
effectively a heavily armed APC ? For that matter, how can two of
them fit easily and comfortably ?

What I'm getting at, ultimately, is that E40K is a representative
(underline that) game. It represents squeezing ten guys dressed up
like gridiron players into a moving metal box. It represnts
attaching two oversized praying mantis's onto an armored slug. It's
also NOT WH40K.

Woofer