Re: [Epic] Questions..Questions...

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 07:49:16 +1300

At 07:49 AM 10/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I think they're expensive, too. Buy 'em discount (www.discountgames.com
>has 30% off, and shipping is free if your bill is over $100) or used
>(Bartertown is at http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~darkwolf/trading.html).

Although I've been on this list for a couple of months I've never seen the
URL fro Discount Games before. Thanks for the info, I may start
'recruiting' again. The prices here in New Zealand are diabolical.

Several people have been giving examples of the horrible prices GW charge
in different countries. I suggest that we adopt a new system for comparing
prices. The measure I nominate is the 330ml can of Coke (from a vending
machine rather than a supermarket). It's global, standard (?) and
presumably holds a similar *relative* value in each country.

Eg, in New Zealand the THawk costs approximately 30 Cokes (C30) and a box
of plastic infantry costs 20 Cokes (C20).

Does this meet approval or is their a better product out there?

I suggested to the UN that the GW Boxed Warhammer game be used as the
international standard for comparing GDP, but the Secretary General pointed
out that the world economy would have to be rebuilt every time GW brought
out a new version...

Richard Bright
IT Education & Liaison Co-ordinator
Information Technology Systems & Services

The University of Auckland Ph: 64 9 373 7599 ext 6787
Private Bag 92019 Mobile: 025 280 6836
Auckland Fax: 64 9 373 7425
New Zealand Email: r.bright_at_...