Re: [Epic] SCENARIOS

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 05:10:41 PDT

>Not yet played much with new version E40k
>What do people think of the scenario's?

The ideas are not bad and there are a lot of them so I can say that I
like them (except the first one which is not really interesting).

>Do many people use dice to choice as suggested?

I don't. As I like writing some background for my battles, I first
wrote it and after I try to choose a scenario which seems to be in
the same spirit of my work...
For example when my background talks about a Chaos hord which tries
to block the retreat of a Waaagh Ork, I will use the Sulphur River
Battle to represent it. If the Chaos takes control of the bridges
then the Orks are blocked but if the Orks take control of them then
they can escape!

>What do people think of fog of war? Idea sounds nice but doubt how
> well it would work!

I tried this scenario once against my Eldar opponent : our objectives
were not conflicting so there were no action : some shots, some psy
blasts and only ONE close assault... For a 1000 points battle I was
waiting for a little more... You can find a little summary of it on
my page (training games section).

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 10/23/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/