[Epic] Exact-change rate (was: Questions...cost)

From: Andy Meechan <a.meechan_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 97 09:33:56 gmt

At 10:55 AM 10/24/97 +-9-30, you wrote:
>If you use the Australian dollar as a benchmark and convert using today's
exchange >rates a box of infantry costs
>UK Aus$ 11.00
>USA Aus$ 13.65
>Aus Aus$ 17.95 (surprise, surprise)
>NZ Aus$ 17.35

Strewth! Who'd have guess that lil ol' New Zealand is being dicked over
marginally less than Australia? I think we should try to locate the country
which is being screwed the most by GW. We'll probably find that in
Uzbekistan a blister of Land Raiders costs a month's salary.

     Probably then the best way of finding out the expense is comparing the
     average wage or somesuch. Sure, the US is 124% (oh no, I've deleted
     the maths!) more than the UK after the exchange rate is figured, but
     the US guys get paid more (general, sweeping statement). Of course
     Europeans have more holidays (see previous threads) - and thus more
     time to paint their figures... This argument probably falls over if
     you compare the average of the UK to Oz or NZ.

     As for the most expensive (compared to average months income), well
     there's a new store in Russia just opened (mentioned in UK/WD-214)...

     -Andy- [who's head now hurts from mentioning numbers]