[Epic] Battle Report: The Armies

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 01:54:27 -0800

In the recent discussions over close assault
detatchments I've talked a lot about the most
recent army I faced, which was chaos/Ork, and a
bit on the cheesy side. I thought some of you
folks might like a report on the fight. Permission
is given in advance to anyone who wants to post it
to any free web site. This message has the armies
used.

The forces of Truth and Justice:
The Midnight Hammer Force, consisting of
A Warlord Titan (the Annihilation)
An Ordinatus Armageddon (the cheesy one with
vortex missiles).
An assault detachment, with assault marines, a few
dreadnoughts, a few support weapons, and a
librarian.
A devastator detachment, with devastators and
support weapons
A Chapter Master in a Land Raider with a
Terminator Bodygaurd in another Land Raider.
About 4 more Land Raiders, with 6 Terminators, a
Captain, and a Librarian
8 or so Tactical Marines in Rhinos

Elements of the 42nd MH Scout Regiment: (this was
my force)
A company of 4 superheavy tanks, -two Shadow
Swords, two Baneblades.
An artillery detachment consisting of 5 heavy
artillery, one deathstrike missile launcher, and 1
Hydra.
2 IG infantry detachments, each consisting of a
HQ, 6 IG infantry, and 3 IG heavy infantry. (My
opponents and I play with a house rule that IG can
take Main Force units as support, because they can
in the IG codex.)
2 IG infantry detachments, each consisting of 6 IG
infantry, 3 support weapons, a Griffon Mortar, and
a Ratling scout squad (not actually ratlings in
terms of background, but, whatever).
A detachment with 4 roughriders, 5 sentinels, and
2 hellhounds.
8 Thunderbolts
6 Marauders

The Forces of Lies and Taxes: (feel free to skip
'cuz you've read it already, included for
completeness)
A Mega-Gargant
A Warlord Titan
2 Daemon packs, each consisting of 3
bloodthirsters and 4 Lords of Change.
A cultist detachment with 20 cultists/beastmen
champions, and 10 support weapons
A Chaos Marine detachment consisting of 10 Noise
Marine Terminators mounted in 5 Land Raiders.
An Ork detachment of about 30 units, consisting of
Nobz and Shooty Boyz all mounted in battlewagons.
Led by Boss Stompa.
2 Detachments of 4 Firelords each
9 Doomwings