Sv: [Epic] Eldar Vyper Upgrade Things

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 00:12:10 +0100

----------
Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...> wrote:

> A Great Harlequin can be 'upgraded' to a Vyper for all of 15 points.
> Does this mean he becomes a Hero Vyper, with the normal stats, or what?
> Since the difference is so immense (we're talking assault 8 or assault 2
> here), is there any point in doing this?

It's sad but true. A Viper Harlekin should have a assault value of 2.
However, I'm talking to my opponents about maby changing this, so
that a character will keep his advanteges. This will benefit most armies.
But keep in mind that a standart trooper who is mounted, also
have disadvanteges (a marine has assault 2 instead of 3 when on a bike).

Putting a G.Harlekin on a Vyper is almose pointless (except for the
movement),
cause a fighter like that needs to be on foot where he can fight.
Much better to put a Farseer on a Vyper since his assault is
only 2 (he is not a fighter) and he will still benefit from his
advanteges (save, commander, psyker)

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off