Re: [Epic] A Few Rants

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 08:34:05 +0800

At 01:40 PM 11/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>OK I just wanted to say a couple of things.
>
>First I like the new look of the Eldar. What I don't like is the fact that
GW made the look so different than their previous look. For example, the
new and old nightwings. Point, Set, Match. I mean, the least they could
have done was make them sort of similar to the old models so us older Eldar
players wouldn't be left out in the cold.

Most of the Eldar stuff were pretty good. However, from the WD, the heavies
(the ones with distort cannon and the pulsar) were quite disappointing. The
body was kinda OK, but the gun(s) elevation (from WD) was a letdown.

Also, the flyers were a major letdown. The Falcon looked a lot more sleek
and aerodynamic than the flyers ! Those flyers really looked like miniatures
in some cheap space-wargame.

Perhaps it is in inevitable. The Falcon is probably the best looking
miniature in e40k.

>Second, I really want to rant on the new Epic Avatar. I guess GW has
decided that everything in WH40k takes precedence over everything else
(fluff and Epic mainly). It's puny. All the pictures I've ever seen depict
it as a towering entity (exactly the way the older models of him depicted).
Alas.

Yup, with a Assault value of 8 it ain't not going to do much.

Regards
Oki

>Also, does anyone know how to remove Citadel paint? I have a couple of
models I painted when I started that I really want to re-paint now that I
can do it a lot better.