Re: RE[Epic] Bullock Jetbikes, Who says No

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 07:38:56 -0600

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> At 08:15 AM 31/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >I gotta agree with these thoughts. I bridle a bit when our friend
> >Agro (no offense, Ag)
>
> None taken...
>
> >implies that we all play E40K because GW told us to.
>
> I know I'm not the most subtle person in the world, but I'll rephrase my
> usual rant to this:
>
> GW cannot dictate to US. We have the power to dictate to them - provided we
> are united in our efforts. If the world gaming community (and I don't just
> meen the 50 of us on this list) rejected E40K as thoroughly as I have, even
> GW would notice...

All this is true, however some of us (and I mean the whole gaming community, not
just the 100+ on the list [do a 'who space-marine' sometime we have more lurkers
than you think]) like the basic Epic 40,000 rules more than we like the basic
SM/TL rules.

I don't think they are perfect, but I do think the basic rules are a better set
of rules than SM/TL.

I do have some problems with the army lists, but that, in the large part, is
what the Epic 41K project is all about.