Re: [Epic] Barrage and Heavy Barrage and blast markers

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:23:52 -0600

> I know various super-heavy weapons have been addressed, concerning
> how they are affected by Blast Markers. I know Megacannons are
> nullified by a single "un-soaked" blast marker, for example. I
> had assumed that the heavy barrage on my titan would be a help in
> soaking blast markers, because of its firepower. But because it has
> 1 FP in firefights, and because the Q&A says "Each blast marker stops
> one super-heavy weapon from firing," Elias convinced me that a barrage
> is not a special case for this. (I have to say that he offered to let
> me treat it that way, however. But because I agreed that he had the
> stronger case, I didn't.) Is it agreed that a barrage soaks a single
> blast marker, not figuring FP first?

I do not believe that this is the case. Note that first you figure
out how much FP you have going at the enemy and how may SH weapons
you have going at the enemy, then you place your blast markers,
then you reduce your total FP etc. based upon how many blast markers
you are currently under, then you resolve shots and casualties.

By the time you reach the point where you are reducing your own offensive
capabilities, the barrage has already been added to your pool of FP.

This is also why you can't use out of range firepower to soak blast markers.
(For those who keep asking.) As out of range firepower never gets added
to the total you are throwing at the enemy, it can't be deleted from
that total by blast markers.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.