Sv: [Epic] Flak Advice...

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 00:10:54 +0100

Chris Salvato <csalvato_at_...> wrote:

> I'm going to be playing e40k tonight, against a player who *loves* his
> Thunderhawks. With each bearing 8 fp and an armor of 6, i usually have
> trouble taking them on with Fighta-Bommas. Thus, naturally, I want to
look
> toward Flak units. However, the effective use of Flak has eluded me so
far.
> Has anybody out there got any advice on effective uses of Flak, namely
Ork
> Flakwagons? The idea that they need to be on Special Orders really seems
> to reduce their effectiveness. Is there some aspect of this that I'm
missing?

> Thanks in advance
> Chris

Include some Flakwagons in small detachments. Small because you
don't waste the actions of a lot of other units when on (!). These
detachments
should follow you other forces, spreading to cover you entire army. Thereby
you
can shoot at flyers that attack you assault detachments or maby you
vunerable heavy-weapons.

To Matthew Weyna: Please speak ENGLISH so that we may
understand you'r advice.

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off