Re: [Epic] New List Member.

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 11:13:05 -0500

Mark A. Siefert wrote:

> Hello:
> I'm new to both Epic 40K and this mailing list, so please be gentle. I
> haven't found a group in my area yet, but I plan on using Ultramarines
> in my games. I'm also in the process of putting together a small Eldar
> army. I do have few questions about the game and this list:

Hi, Mark. We've had quite a bit of crossover between this list and
the Full Thrust list, so you'll know some people here. I mostly
lurk on the FT list, and am middling active here.

> 2. Many of the Super Heavy Weapons listing on some of the vehicles and
> War Engines have firpower listings like 2xAnti Tank, or 3xDeath Ray.
> Could someone explain how these work?

Since you seem to know what Super Heavy Weapons are, I'd guess you're
not asking "What's an Anti-tank weapon?". There are some subtleties.
The main tricky parts are how they count in firefights, how they place
blast markers, and how blast markers affect them. Some of these
questions can be found in the Q&A in Allan's page:
http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/

For example, apparently an Eldar Pulsar counts as 1 Super Heavy weapon
for placing blast markers, even though it does 1d6 AT shots.

I was going to try to give more info, but realized I wasn't sure
of all the answers, so have decided to be quiet now.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...