Re: [Epic] Battle Report

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 21:11:33 -0600

> The wagons were a
> different story, they assaulted both det1 (Land Raiders) and the Warhound. I
> lost again. Det 1 was anihillated while the warhound retreated.
>
> Rallying the Warhound, I was in a position to catch Al's battle wagons in a
> cross fire.

Just for the record, War Engines can never be broken. This means that they
never retreat, and thus are never required to try and rally.

Your Warhound should have stayed where he was and then had a firefight with
the wagons who had just defeated him in the assault. (A firefight you should
win, thus breaking the wagons.)

If your assault phase came after him, you could then have moved your
Warhound towards the retreating wagons and forced them into either
another assault or another firefight. The now broken wagons would have
to fight at half value since they are broken.

This is the main reason why assaulting a War Engine (even if you can win)
isn't always a good idea.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.