Sv: [Epic] Advice: Eldar vs. Imperial players.

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:52:07 +0100

> Tu as �crit :
>
> >I had made a fairly well-balanced army with a good deal of
> >different tanks (unfortunatly with too few troops as I found out)
> >but my opponents force was almost entierely made up of:
> >6 Thunder Hawks
> >30 mixed bikes
> >10 Vindicators and (surprise, surprise)
> >20 Land Raiders....
> >sob.. those LR's realy are too cheap.
>
> This is really a cheesy army!
>
> >I lost... Damn LR's.
>
> Really?
>
> (...)
>
> Why don't you explain to your opponent that his army is not balanced
> and that there is no fun playing against it?
> If he can't understand, you should build a cheesy army against him.
> What about a whole Eldar Titan/Vaul Engine army or a whole Aspect
> Warrior/Vampire army?
> Francois Bruntz

Don't worry...
Next time it's different. I told him that his army was unballanced
(note: once in a tounament, he used 15 TH's (in SM 2.ed)), and
next time his army should be more realistic. I told him how Marines
are organised (ie: they only have some 10 LR's - not 20 and not
3 companies of cheap scouts), and he aggreed to field a more
colourfull army.

I have also changed my tactics through bitter experinence.
I will include:

2 small det. of Adspect W. (with Exachs) in W. Serpents + some S.Hawks.
They move together. If one gets a lot of BM's, the other will take the
lead.
I'm planing to assault him quickly, so they won't get shot up. He will
surely go
for the tanks with his LR's, leaving the troops with their Assault of 5
alone!

Some Spinners and Cobras: Lots of BM's for him.

Scorpions - they pop up after the LR's have shot (his only war engines will
be
a titan or maby two)

A large det. of Jetbikes. They will outgun LR's 4-1 in a firefight. I'll
try
and sorround them. (the 4-1: twice as many bikes as LR's with twice the
firepower = 4-1 + my Farseer on his Vyper..)

Two Phantoms. I know he'll use a lot of AT shots on them, but they don't
care - save of 2+!!!

Support platforms and Dark Reapers on overwach.

This time, I'll win, this time it will be different!

By the way, do anyone one know what to do with this problem:

A TH is on a transport mission. It is intercepted. Can the Librainan who
is being transported inside use a Psychic Blast against the Interseptor????
Thanks.

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off