RE: [Epic] Cheap substitute models

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 97 08:15:00 EST

>On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Philip Charlton wrote:
>> Does anyone have any ideas for cheap substitutes for Epic figures? I'm
>> thinking of things like MicroMachines and other little plastic toys,
or
>> figures from other companies. The figures for Dirtside II are pretty
neat.

> I accidently plopped a battletech mech in the middle of my imperial
> army one day, and it looks great. In fact, I think it looks better
> than GW's knights and scout titans, which have always looked strangely
> skinny to me.

I'm adding one battletech mech to the eldar. Don't know
what it is called, but it is one of the plastic ones
that doesn't look like a guy in armor. I much prefer
the GW knights for Imperials, but I think I'd like to
get some of the futuristic mechs for my "advanced
alien" Dirtside army. But not until I've made up
some of the money spent lately. Whew!

By the way, if anyone wants a Battletech box minus one
mech, I'd probably sell mine. Although we had fun
playing it, how many games can we possibly play?

andy
andy.skinner_at_...