Re: Sv: [Epic] Re:[Almost-Epic] Codices

From: John Chapman <john_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 11:31:41 +1100 (EST)

> "A. Allen McCarley" <allen_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:
> >>
> >> What was this?
> >

> >The Eldar flak controversy is whether the Fire Prism fires as:
> > a) 1 firepower
> > b) 1 AT shot
> >
> >The rules would seem to indicate a), but that seems to make the Fire Prism
> >pretty expensive to use as a flak unit. (Then again, Eldar flyers are
> >the best in the game. Perhaps they were intentionally given a flak unit
> >that you'd rather *not* use special orders for)
>
> I think that, if they had only 1FP for Flak, they would have made it
> MUCH clearer. --MDMc

        Yeah it is pretty muddier - even muddier than I first thought when I
started going through the rules looking at it last night. Going by our standard
'take the interpretation which makes something ok rather than a:cheesy or b:
useless' the people I usually play with decided to treat it as an AT flak shot.
Ok its better against non flyers than most flak units
, but except against THawks even
2FP worth of flak will get you better returns than 1AT shot - much better if
youre lucky enough to be shooting at 4+ or 3+ targets.......
                                                        JAC