RE: [Epic] Epic (square) bases

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:22:32 -0600

>Come on Chris, as everyone knows - only IG can field beastmen companies...
>
>Agro

------> What, you haven't run into the "IG Traitors" Cheesehead before?

"It's all the goodness (badness?) of Chaos, now with the artillery power
of the Imperial Guard!"

Net result is the same old close assault monsters advancing under cover
of a major arty barrage.

Does a "pure" IG player need more than one beastman company? (Does
he even need one?) Seems like a lot of points put into troops that can't
shoot, but I guess with the appropriate choice of troops, it could work.
My standard IG army was the "sit back and pound 'em" type and was
mainly used as support for marines (no I don't use the annoying chapter
-specific rules unless confronted with extreme cheese).I used a single
support card at times, but 30-60 stands? What went with it?

Chris Miller