[Epic] Re:Gaming/bases

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 19:32:04 -0500

Sauron1 writes; John;

    First my Wargames club MIGS is an old one with permanent rented
facilities and extensive terrained tables and locked storage for your
armies. We have run a Wargames convention here for the past 18 years and
attract 700+ people.The main thrust of the club is Historical with the 50+
members having extensive collections of figures. I also game in 15mm ACW
Johnny Reb ( 8 brigades a side with 4x20 man regiments per brigade and a
cavalry brigade per side.) and Napoleons Battles ( Russian Brigade ) and I
am just starting to paint French 15mm 7 years war, having just finished the
English.

    To extrapolate on the DBA game setup. A large number of members in my
club have extensive 15mm armies in the Ancients period as WRG Ancients one
of the most popular games at our club. TheDBA tournaments every other month
are run by Brian, who checks each entered army before the tournament and has
enough 15mm figures to field hundreds of DBA ones. Normally we attracted 30+
players and he has 50 armies setup for those who have none. We use our
24"x24" collection of terrain boards pre-setup by john and random assigned
to each game. You pay $5.00 to the club treasurer to enter and top three
players receive an unpainted DBA army .

    Honestly I only managed to aquire three new armies last year.

sauron1