Re: [Epic] Shields

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:11:26 -0500

> So why aren't shields restored automatically each turn? Oh, I get it,
> they need to do an hour-long ritual to un-trip the switch, as well as
> bathing it in sacred oils, blessing it in the name of the Machine God,
> etc.

Could very well be, or knowing the wierd mix of technology, they could still be
using fuses, and have to manually unscrew and replace them. Seeing as this is not
your usual 120 (or 210) volt current, they would have to be big. Plus you could
say that they have to send someone in, and to do that they have to wait until
they have the time (Like making a repair role)

You could also say that orks use the same fuses, but because they were lazy, they
stuck a penny in the fuse, so when they overload, they blow the whole generator.

The only real reason for my ideas on shields was to give some fluff instead of
changing rules. Some people may see me conservative, but I don't like changing
the rules that often. Heck, I made a new race of humans "The Obsidian Guard" who
use all the rules for Marines. The only difference was the fluff.

Tyler
Not to say changing rules is bad, I did help my friend re-write the Necromunda
rules. I just try to avoid it when I am playing the game I bought.