[Epic] Source for non-GW Epic scale stuff.

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:34:19 -0600

After much work I have FINALLY laid hands on an "Irregular Miniatures"
catalog for 6 mm scale stuff. I think I am a happy person once again.

Prices are $0.35 (US$) per Infantry stand and $0.65 for cav. They cover
from "Biblical" to SF, by way of fantasy.

I am REALLY hyped as they have some of the _weird_ german "Big Guns" as
well as things like a Scud Launcher (Can you say "Death Strike Missile"
for 65 cents? I knew you could.

Other fun things:
Both Boar and Wolf Riders (Orks)
Ork "Tank" ($2.00)
"Fiendish Ork Fokker" ($1.25)
11 kinds of SF aircraft/gun ships ($.85 to $1.25)
"Land Dreadnought" ($4.00)
"Jet Bike" $.35
Tracked Pulsa Cannon $.65

I am planing on getting a "sample run" of about $20.00 worth, and if
they turn out OK a major run later.
I suspect that I will like them as they are the figures shown in the
DS-II rules.

At any rate they are the figures I will be planning on using for
"Fantasy Epic" (Which is NOT Epic Warhammer, even though it looks like
they have the pretty close to the whole of the Warhammer races in 6 mm
scale.). Fantasy Epic is going to be a set of rules/Army lists for E41K
for a "Special" kind of Death World. My first thought is that it will
be the "Forgotten Realms" as one of the millions of worlds in the WH40K
universe, but this may change.

The Down Side:

No web site.
Poor e-mail response (silvereagle_at_...)

S-mail address
Silver Eagle Wargame Supplies
4417 West 24th Place
Lawrence KS 66047