Re: [Epic] Are buildings indestructible in E40K?

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 18:16:25 -0500

Koen DEVROEY wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this has already been discussed on the list, but are buildings (I'm
> thinking of my buildings from the SM and TL boxes) indestructible in E40K. I
> can't find any rules for destroying buildings, except for bunkers in the
> Battlesbook. What are your houserules on this subject. Thanks for your reply.
>
> Regards,
> Koen.

Well, yes it has been discussed Koen, but not from this angle, as far as I can
remember. I'd say figure your own rules, but say that you can't destroy ruins
(They just become more ruineous) but you can turn buildings into ruins. Just
replace the building with a ruin after it has taken its width in BM's (in cm) I
think this follows all the discussions about how difficult it is to destroy
buildings. You could maybe say after a certain amount of BM's ruins become
difficult terrain for infantry as well as vehicles.

What do other people say? The BM's per cm wide is just off the top of my head.
You can use any sort of method to determine damage and destruction.

Tyler