Re: [Epic] White Dwarf 216

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:37:54 +0000

Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:
>Excerpts from Epic: 22-Nov-97 Re: [Epic] White Dwarf 216 by Colen C.
>McAlister_at_whitt
>> Oh yes, one other thing. Apparently for every blast marker on a det, it
>> loses 1 barrage or heavy barrage attack, rather than subtracting it from
>> the firepower. Thought you'd like to know.
>
> Is this from a rules Q&A in WD 216, or a battle report? They
>frequently admit that they tend to forget the little details when caught
>up in a battle.

It was in a battle report, but in an ickle box-out all of it's own, not
just mentioned in passing. I quote:
        "ARTILLERY AND BLAST MARKERS
        BM's affect Artillery in the same way that they affect SHW's.
Barrage Weapons are still SHW's, even if they are artillery. This means
that artillery lose a shot for each BM on the det, not just a point of
FP from the total- so a few BM's are going to cut down your artillery's
effectiveness very quickly."

--
Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A.
(the National Anti-Skaven Alliance), Editor of the Chaos Wastes