Re: [Epic] What's this "Free Memory" stuff doing on the list ?

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:40:58 +0930

----Original Message-----
    From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
 =
   To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine_at_...>
    Date: Tuesday, N=
ovember 25, 1997 6:14 PM
    Subject: [Epic] What's this "Free Memory" stuf=
f doing on the list ?

    The list is being polluted the last two=
 days by some contest of the 'Memory Broker'. I've received already 3 iden=
tical messages the last two days. Does anyone know how to remove them ?
  =

    The lousy Gretchin don't even put "off topic" behind their subject .=
.. ;-)

    Carl Billen
    billenc_at_...

    Me too , i=
ts obviously an automailer that has somehow linked to the mailing list and =
spams anyone that posts. After the first one I wondered where it came from =
but didn't worry too much because it said it was a one off event. Then I go=
t two more. IMHO this requires action, this is much more sinister than a mi=
stake like Dvir's was as this is intentional spamming by a company. AND I H=
ATE JUNK MAIL !!!

    Comments and recommened actions anyone ??

 =
   Cheers

    Alun

    PS. Why is this blue ?