Re: [Epic] Q&A 5 (Answered!)

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 12:21:39 -0500

A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> > You know, some of those answers really don't follow with the usual WD "play
> > nice" mentality they usually shove down our throats. Some of the questions
> > made me say to myself "Did he consider the answer, or just say yes?" Anybody
> > else have that feeling.
> >
> > Tyler
>
> This puzzles me. Which quesions did you get the idea that Jervis answered
> without thinking? While I disagreed, from a game design standpoint, with
> answers such as letting drop pod troops get their infiltrate move, I didn't
> ever get the impression that Jervis was answering without thinking.

It's just an instinctual feeling. Around here most one word answers are arbitrary.
"Have you seen my ____?" "No" and the reason is they are too lazy to think. In
this case it comes from slight variations on the same question being asked every
post (The whole BM) where they've answered the same basic question time and again
without taking the time to explain the whole thing. How many times they've
misunderstood the question being asked. "How many BM's does it take to suppress a
____" "A ____ can cause this many BM's a turn"

And just the irrational fear that, if they don't care to answer the question
correctly, we won't know, and will be playing wrong.

Tyler