Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:25:32 -0600 (CST)

>As for the dragster, remember that not only shots targetted to units
>within the field are deflected, but shots that trace line of fire
>through the template of effect are also effected thus giving interesting
>options of blocking whole lanes of fire(as the ork player would move
>this unit first)thus forming a screen behind which other units may pass.
>in certain ways the dragster will behave more effectively, but with the
>snap fire rules if he is picked off will leave that portion of the
>advance naked, the way I see it theres both pros and cons to its use and
>thats what we want after all!!.

My group has played with the snap fire by any unit rule for a long time, and
to combat this rules problem, we've made it so a commander may voluntarily
move more than one unit at a time, so that units can stay within dragsta
shields for instance, and seeing as it is usually an advantage to move
later. This solution hasn't created many problems for us, as it is a pretty
specialized situation, so this might be something to think about.

Mike the Liu