Re: [Epic] Orks in "We're quite good at shooting, actually" Shock!

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 97 01:16:46 EST

At 07:48 PM 11/28/97 +0000, you wrote:
>What do you chaps think of the following detachment?

Why not have the Warlord mounted in a Battlewagon? That way, you make the
detachment a whole lot more maneuverable. Get set up quickly on assault
or march orders the first turn, then overwatch the rest of the game.
Another thing you could do is take nine or ten boys units, a bunch of wagons,
and the rest Big Gunz. Drive up behind some cover, dump the Big Gunz off,
and continue on a little ways with the rest. Artillery is a nice thing!

>Command: Ork Stompa Warlord, 64 points
>Main Force:
>3 Shooty Boyz, 51 points
>3 Shooty Boyz, 51 points
>3 Shooty Boyz, 51 points
>Support:
>3 Battlewagons, 42 points
>3 Battlewagons, 42 points
>3 Battlewagons, 42 points
>Total Cost: 343 points
>Total Firepower at 45cm Range: 31
>
>A detachment that can march or assault for the first turn, go on normal
>orders in the next and then settle down on Overwatch with it's 31
>firepower. For every 9 firepower you wish to add, add 93 points.
>Alternatively, make it a Kult of Speed, buy the Battlewagons in 2's, and
>get some Flakwagons and Speedstas too. The warlord won't be a Stompa,
>but never mind, you get Death Rays instead.
>
>--
>Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A.

Elias

"Understanding is a three edged sword."

                        -Kosh