Re: [Epic] Capitol Imp.

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:45:39 -0000

Hey there Guys.....

>> How big should its transport capability be? I think it should be
>> capable of holding a full IG infantry detachment. That's 18 stands
>> plus three HQ stands (two of which you paid through the nose for)
>> for a total of 21. 21 is a weird number. Call it 24 and you have
>> room for a couple of scout squads. This allows it to carry the
>> material it should for its mission, and also allows you to lose
>> one heap of points from a single vertex missle.....
>>

>A "maxed out" IG infantry detachment would be 3 HQ, 18 grunts, and 27 heavy
>weapon units (support weapons) I read that as 48 stands.

Well, the 2nd Ed SM rules for the Capitol Imperialis were a Company with its
support too, so if you were to choose the IG Tactical comany you are looking
towards the 80 odd stand mark........
Having said that, I did think the capacity of the CI was something a little
excessive, I think 24 sounds alright.... Otherwise you are going to be
paying alot of point, and I dont think many commanders would stick a whole
company in one, send it thusly, and see it die taking quite a lot of
hardware, and ''Soft'' ware with it.....

So 24 it should stand....
IMHO anywayz

>> Weapons outload? I don't think it should have as much armament as
>> a warlord, so I'll go for three fixed weapon "slots." A Megacannon
>> and a Heavy Barrage will help its troops in assault, and add a standard
>> 8 FP. The big guns are both chosen to aid assaults.

I think it should just stick with a series of 1 High FP gun _at_ the front (the
Behemoth Cannon)
I mean, that was one seriously destructive gun (if in range) 4 Blast markers
at whatever the BP was..... Nice :-)
So I think 1 High FP gun, with a medium range,
And then on the sides, 2 medium FP guns.
Say one at about 12-16FP for the front,
And about 6-8 for the sides?
Ranges, humm, 50 tops.........

But I dont think something like that would have anything like a mega cannon
(which I think is rather naff anywayz)....
But the heavy barrage, I suppose I am open too, but the CI was built for
close support, not longer range quibbling......

So what says youz lot?

>> The vehicle begins to look like this:
>>
>> Capitol Imperialis
>>
>> Move: 15 cm (surprising how fast this makes a WE)
>> Armor: 6
>> Shields: 6
>> DC: 12
>> Transport: 24