Re: [Epic] [off topic] Sculpty Questions

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:42:00 -0500

Sauron1 writes; Neil;

     I have created Epic scale Earthworks with air dried clays or milliput
and reproduced them with open topped molds made of household sealer
silicone. If you double sided tape down the item to a spare floor tile and
surround the object with a "wall" of leggo and squeeze out the silicone
carefully around the object. You get a flexible, reusable mold. The only
problem is the drying silicone smell. Therefore my silicone mold projects
are summer events for personal safety. ( Doing one in the house in winter
might be dangerous to my well being as my Wife has STRONG objections ).
Quite a number of objects can be reproduced this way, but I find earthworks
can survive miscasts and still look good.

sauron1