Re: SV: [Epic] Exodite Dragon Knights

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 11:45:56 -0500

Dirk Vormann wrote:

> All right, here is what we have now.
>
> Eldar Exodite Detachment
>
> Commander:
>
> HQ +25 points (must choose this)
>
> up to 1 Exodite Lord
> consists of an Aspect Warrior Unit (Cavalery,Hero) 25 Points
>
> Main force
>
> Choose up to 10 Exodite Units (Cavalery) 15 points each
> include an Exodite Champion (Cavalery, Assault) +1 Points/Unit
> include an Exodite Hero (Cavalery, Assault, Save) +5 Points/Unit
> (no more Heros than Champions)
>
> The last two lines are a bit experimental and can be left out.
>
> Points from
> http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes/EPIC/E40K/post.point_formula.html
> result in Hero: 30 points plus cost of save,
> Exodite: 18
> Assault: +3
>
> but I think they are to expensive as a plain Aspect Warrior would cost
> 13.125 points.

        How much are plain aspects listed for in the Armies book?
Calvary should cost 5 or 6 points, Save costs around 4, Assault
costs 1. The cost of Hero seems to depend on how much assault
the original unit had (I think it's (Assault + 2) * 2). Also,
giving a unit Save should increase the cost of the other abilities
by 1 point each.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"I felt like I was becoming scientifically interesting." - Heart of
Darkness