Re: [Epic] Newbie needs helps shopping

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 23:59:47 PST

Tim MacPherson a �crit :

>I am very new to Epic 40,000 ...so new in fact that I haven't picked
>up
>the
>boxed game yet...it's on order. =3D) I am planning on building a >Space
>Marine
>Army with the contents of the basic set. I already own 2 Landraiders
>and
>8
>Land speeders. There is a big sale on GW stuff on Boxing Day at my
>game
>store- and I am planning to spend lots on Epic. What should I be
>looking
>get to give myself a good army? What troops/vehicles should I buy? >Any
>help
>would be welcome!
>
>Thank you
>
>Happy Christmas
>
>Tim MacPherson
>Fledgling Commander

Well, you will need some attack bikes (in order to make a fast
detachment with your Land Speeders), some dreadnoughts (very good when
you want to deploy a slow but strong detachment with devastators), some
Vindicators (very helpfull for your assault detachments), one or two
Thunderhawks. Of course a Warlord is unavoidable if you want some heavy
support.
In addition, you will need to buy one or two infantry boxes to obtain
more command units, terminators and bikes.
About command units, my advice is to represent them by a stand with one
special fig escorted by 4 tactical marines and not a stand with 5
special figs (you havn't got so many of them in one box).

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 12/24/97

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/