[Epic] ticked

From: L. Brian Hayes <riverman_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 17:35:24 -0600

Well after reading several threads on this here is my two cents worth, take
it or leave it. I don't go around saying that I'm a big business man or
anything even close to that, but what it seems like to me is this:
        I would think a company would rather have quantity over quality. I really
got lucky in trading most of the epic40k box stuff I didn't want or need. I
was able to trade all the orks and buildings for 12 of the older LR's, a
Space Marine Army box(the one with the robots and speeders), several hand
made rhinos (which are really good looking), old whirlwinds and some bikes.
I'm still spending more on this hobby than I want to like the game. I guess
I need to get back on subject, If GW prices were Alltel lower I would be
more inticed to probably go with a Eldar army or a bug army. As it is I
just can't afford it. I realize that they are in business to make money,
but I just think they would rather lower prices alittle so it would allow
more people into the hobby and bring with it more revenue.
People have compared gaming to other hobies and I can kindof see that
but... I whitewater canoe. I have a two man canoe set up with floatation
bags and all the safety gear. I probably have $1400-$1500 in my one canoe
and gear set up. I really don't see how I can even come close to comparing
the price for that to gaming. I would like to try golf, but once again, I
can't afford it.
        I guess I just really mean, I think it would be better overall for GW to
lower the prices alittle and bring in new blood to the game then keeping
the prices high. Yes, I would love to run a Eldar army, but I'll stick with
my Marines. BTW sometimes on the web you can find stores that do offer
great discounts.

Thanks for the time

Brian

 "The Riverman" aka. L. Brian Hayes
     haysbo_at_"nospam"net-serv.com
    "What? The rivers up. Sure, I'll run it!"
    "Have Canoe, Will Travel"
     To Reply take out the "nospam"