[Epic] E41K E30K Squat New Rules.

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 19:20:49 -0600

In my post about Squats in E30K I said something about the "Squat
Sqaure" rule, but didn't post it. Here it is. It, of course, can be
found on the web site.

The following is required to form a square

 Requires at least 4 units.

 Requires at least one officer of Platoon Level or higher.

 May only be 2 units deep

 All unit are "facing outward" in a hollow square or rectangle
formattion

 If a square is formed all units of all detachments in the square must
be in the square.

 A square is formed during movement phase and can only be "broken" out
of by putting the detachments on "Assault" orders the next turn. On the
turn it is "broken" it does not move during movement phase, is treated
as if it were still in the square during firing phase, and until the
first detachment in the square moves in the assault phase it gets the +1
assault. After the first detachment makes it's assault move, all
effects are lost to all detachments in the square.

Use (!) Special orders to mark detachment(s) in square.

The effects of a square are:

 All units in the Square gain +1 Assault.
 If ANY command units are alive ALL detachments in the square passes
leadership test automatically.
 Can not move (except to fill in holes in square)
 Treated as on over watch for firing.

As Allways, "it on the web site".
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41K/index.htm